Rev Arthur Pearson owned a field
Rev Arthur Pearson, Rector of All Saints, Springfield owned land in Springfield Parish, including Tyrells, a field of 10 acres 0 rods and 23 perches, according to the 1842 Tithe map. He purchased it from the executors of ‘Miss Tyrell’, who owned it, after her death.
It was farmed by Isaac Blyth, of Dukes farm.
Arthur Pearson married Sophia Jane Gepp on
11 February 1836.
They had three children before Sophia Jane died in 1843. He then married Mary Isabella Tindal of Aylesbury in 1846.
He was Rector of Springfield until his death in 1886.
After his death, Mary Isabella Pearson sold the field named Tyrells to a builder and contractor named Francis Johnson.
Odd info: Rev Arthur Pearson also owned the land where the allotments were on Springfield Road, Chelmsford. The new development there is called Pearson Grove.