Duke of Cambridge Tart (Serves 8-10) EASY
125g bought (or made) shortcrust pastry
50g glace cherries, chopped
2 egg yolks
2 tblsp brandy
grated zest of 1 lemon
1. Oven to 190’/Mk 5. Put raisins in saucepan, cover with cold water, bring to boil, cool and drain.
2. Line a 7 inch flan dish with the pastry
3. Put cooled raisins, chopped cherries and lemon zest into the pastry base
4. Melt butter and sugar in the pan, bring to boil, remove from heat and beat in egg yolks and brandy
5. Pour over raisin/cherry mix, stir through then bake 30-40mins till pastry is brown and filling golden.